Mexican cuisine: a college student’s staple. It’s cheep, it’s delicious, it’s easy, and let’s be honest- it’s one of the best drunk-foods out there. We had a girls night in last week and since we’ve recently exhausted tacos and quesadillas, enchiladas it was! I found a few mouth-watering recipes online and after mixing and matching (okay… and adding more cheese) this is what I came up with:
(I was busy enjoying girls night and forgot to take a picture… so pictures to come)
Ingredients
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1½ Tbsp canola oil
1 precooked rotisserie chicken
2 (10-ounce) cans ROTEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
About ½ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
( I always end up using more…)
12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
1 can cheddar cheese soup
½ cup milk
1 bag (8 oz) of your favorite Mexican Blend cheese
About 1/4 cup of broken up cilantro leaves to top, optional
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Shred the rotisserie chicken, I usually just use the white meat.
3. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender. Stir in chicken, ROTEL, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and feta cheese.
4. Spoon about 1/12th of the chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up tortillas, and place, seam-side-down, in lightly greased 13×9-inch baking dish.
5. Combine the cheddar cheese soup with milk. Pour over enchiladas.
6. Bake, covered with foil, for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes. Then sprinkle with shredded cheeses and cilantro (if using) bake 10 more minutes.
Makes 12 enchiladas, enjoy!
Side note: depending on how much meat you actually get off your rotisserie chicken you may want to add more/less of the ROTEL and the feta/goat cheese. Also, I know that corn tortillas are traditional for enchiladas but I prefer flour. If you like corn tortillas better, use those! Always cook to taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment