Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mini White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecakes

I have an unstoppable sweet tooth so it only seems right to have the first thing I post be one of my favorite desserts. As a college student I (unfortunately) have limited baking supplies. I love cheesecake but I don't have one of those nifty springform pans so I decided mini cheesecakes were going to be my solution. After a few trial and error recipes this is what I ended up with:




Ingredients


Crust:
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
3 tbsp sugar

Swirl:
3 oz raspberries
1 tbsp sugar

Filling:
2 squares BAKER’S white chocolate, divided
3 (8oz) packages PHILADELPHIA cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1.5 tsp vanilla
3 eggs

Topping:
½ cup red raspberry preserves

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325*F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners. In a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Stir together with a fork until well blended and all the dry ingredients are moistened. Press 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner and press with a shot glass. Bake until just set, 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.

To make the raspberry puree, combine the raspberries and sugar in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth, then poor through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds.

To make the cheesecake, melt the 2 squares white chocolate as directed on package. Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the cheesecake batter over the crust in each cupcake liner. Pour 3 dots of the raspberry puree into each cupcake and swirl with a toothpick.
Bake until filling is set, rotating the pans half way- about 22 minutes total. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and let cool to room temperature.

If desired, cool 5 minutes and spread raspberry preserves.

Transfer to refrigerator and let chill for at least 4 hours before serving.

Makes about 24

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment